20100408

Barcs in New York, Part 5

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm Post subject: Yawn!

I'm so very tired. I'm not sleeping properly so no entry today. It's thanksgiving here in a week and a half so I get a 4 day weekend that you non believers don't get. How good is that? I've been invited to a thanksgiving dinner but I might just take a train to Washington or Boston or even Atlantic City. Don't know yet.

I'm not drinking so much beer as what it might seem. I guess it's just that things worth writing about happen when I'm drunk. [Note to self: drink more beer].

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do this weekend let me know. Gimmie a tourist site and I'll go there and tell you all about it and blame you if it's crap.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:55 am Post subject: Re: Yawn!

mattw wrote:
Barcs wrote:
If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do this weekend let me know. Gimmie a tourist site and I'll go there and tell you all about it and blame you if it's crap.
I don't know any good places to go, and the internet was surprisingly unhelpful. So, here are 2 things that would amuse me if you did them Barcs.
  • Stand outside the American Today show studios with a sign that says something like "Go Pigs" or "Down with America". Get on TV.
  • Take a photo of or with a New York pimp, preferably one wearing a purple fur coat and hat with feather in it. Have him chase you around in a comical manner a-la Homer in that Simpsons episode where Barney steals his car and it ends up in New York.
I'm out of ideas. That didn't take long, did it.

I really like these suggestions but both early mornings and pimps scare me so I dunno if any of these things will be accomplished. You never know though...

except in this case of course.

Before I left somebody suggested that I stand naked in the Bronx wearing a sign saying "I hate niggers" a la Die Hard 3. That might have been you Matty. Yes?

I'm about to go and get some dinner and while I do you'll all be playing cric. Pls provide update and match summary! It's dark and below zero outside unless you operate in fareignheight. It's bizarro to think about it too much. (Actually if you think about it too much it makes perfect sense. It's much better to think about it just a little bit and once you don't understand it stop thinking about it and enjoy the unreality of it for a little while).

A week end blog to come after dinner.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: Yawn!

Barcs wrote: A week end blog to come after dinner.

I lied.


Part 6 (a far superior part) is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment