20100412

Barcs in New York, Part 7

Start here or continue below in the normal left to right, top to bottom fashion.


Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:59 pm Post subject: A brief summary of events

So much to say, so little time. So I bring you A brief summary of events, so far.

Last week - what can I say - work was work. And there was quite a lot of it. So free time was work too. On Friday suggestions were made that perhaps with time being a limited resource I should forfeit the Thursday thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving! Bah, thanks for nothing slavedrivers!

Some good and perhaps interesting news is that I'll be seeing the New York Somethings next Sunday play American Football vs. the Somewhere Somethings. You know how I got tickets? You will after the sentence after this one. The Sydney girl who's over here invited me. That's right. She got 4 free tickets and she asked me and a couple of others. I may just actually like this girl a little and I am Mr Cucumber around her - as in cool - as - a, not the way you're thinking MattW. We talk and chat a little most days and so far is good but I'm not expecting anything to develop honestly. But it's another story line if nothing else.

I told you the beginning of the Saturday adventure already. I saw a bunch of stuff including the Village. The Village is an area of New York where everything and everybody is more cool and trendy than you. Nearby, people live in tiny ugly apartments labelled as "luxury" apartments. These are expensive cockroach infested hovels. In New York "luxury" apparently means any place where black people don't live. Note the social commentary. I like it. Bush sux, etcetera.

I also went to see the World Trade Centre. There was nothing much there.

The bus tour ticket I bought entitled me to a night tour as well, but it was so freaking cold that I thought better of it.

On Sunday I went into town locally here for lunch at The Office. The Office is the most populated bar (and bistro) in Summit as far as I can tell. That may have something to do with the 80 varieties of beer they claim to have. Most meals I've found seem to contain fried mozzarella sticks. Oh well, when in Rome…

Sunday is sports day. They have 8 TV's set up around the room and on each TV they have a different American football game. That means that half the time there is action on at least one of the TV's. It's quite an amazing set up.

Today is Monday and it's raining again. The weather forecast for Wednesday is for arctic frost! Jesus! WTF is arctic frost! I'm not liking the sound of that much but it does mean that we could get snow. That'd be cool.

Anyway, congrats on a first innings win fellas. I enjoy reading all about it. Till later…



Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:26 pm Post subject:

I got a rash...

In fact, you know what?





















I decided not to make this a daily blog.


NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment