It's not as if I have any news, or developed any new opinions on anything. I haven't thought of anything funny to say for, what is it - 18 months now since my last joke. So this wont be a comedy post of any kind. So this post will be nothing but a complete waste of time. Comments to this post, if it even deserves any, will be along the lines of: "That's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back, thanks nob!".
Hmmm, well ok, there is an election going on here in Australia. So I should have an opinion on that... Umm, well, I was pleased when Julia Gillard took over the Labor party leadership recently from Kevin Rudd. I thought finally a leader with balls, but alas no. Different shit to be sure but the same ol' smell.
I think I'm going to vote for the Sex Party this year because their polices look the best:
- Bring about the establishment of a truly national classification scheme which includes a uniform non-violent erotica rating for explicit adult material for all jurisdictions and through all media including the Internet and computer games.
- Introduce an R and X rating for computer games
- To overturn mandatory ISP filtering of the Internet and return Internet censorship to parents and individuals.
- We oppose the mandatory retention of all Australian users’ internet browsing history and emails by ISPs for at-will inspection by law enforcement agencies, and support strong judicial oversight over the ability of law enforcement to access individuals’ internet and email data.
- To bring about the development of a national sex education curriculum as a first step in preventing the sexualisation of children.
- Development of a national internet education scheme for parents.
- To enact national anti discrimination laws which make it illegal to unfairly discriminate against people or companies on the basis of job, occupation, profession or calling.
- To bring about equal numbers of women in the Parliament through enabling the Federal Discrimination Act to have jurisdiction extending to political parties.
- To create total equal rights in all areas of the law including same sex marriage.
- Overturn racist laws that ban adults living in and visiting aboriginal communities in the NT from possessing erotic and sexual media.
- Ensure the sexual rights and freedoms of people with a disability and the elderly.
- To enact national pregnancy termination laws along the same lines as divorce law — which allow for legal, no-fault and guilt-free processes for women seeking termination.
- The listing of Viagra, Cialis and other drugs used to treat sexual dysfunction, on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Protection of Children
- Overturn restrictions on aid to overseas family planning organisations that reference abortion.
- Convene a Royal Commission into child sex abuse in the nation’s religious institutions.
- Develop global approaches to tackling child pornography which focus on detection and apprehension of the producers of the material.
- Ensure that the introduction of paid maternity leave is fair and equitable for small businesses.
- Abolish sex slavery and sexual servitude by introducing non morality-based immigration policies that allow bona-fide sex workers to work legally in Australia.
- Ending the tax exempt status for religions.
Yes, yes, yes, yes & yes. I like it. So yeah, I've got no news, opinions or jokes so maybe I won't post anything after all.
* Last 7 days there were 3 visitors - Huzzah!!!